Thursday, May 13, 2010

I love my job...

I am a mom and a wife. That is my job. I LOVE my job. I currently have a "day job" that often takes me away from my favorite job, and I am sad when said "day job" causes me to miss so many important things. These things aren't always big things, I make it to the BIG things, what I miss are the little things. My children coming home from school ready to share the tales of their days with me, having my soon to be teenage daughter ask me to help her make up a dance for the school talent show, my boys asking for help on their homework, my husband having a free afternoon to go to lunch or make a day date to the temple.

When my kids were younger, (they are now 7,10,11) I would think about the day of freedom when they would all be at school, how much easier my life would be. I could get a job, go to lunch with friends, save a fortune not having to hire a sitter to go on a date with my hubby. I was sure they wouldn't need me as much then. That time is now here, and I have discovered I was wrong. They still need me, if anything I think they need me more, and even more amazing, I need them. They are growing up SO fast, I dont want to miss any more amazing moments.

So I am quitting my job. Ok, not just because of this. We are moving out of state and my husbands new job will afford me the incredible opportunity to once again be a full time, stay-at-home mom to my three, beautiful children. I have decided to start enjoying these moments and record them. My goal, to reach 1000 great moments by Mothers Day 2011. This idea came from my sisters BFF Kim. She is my inspiration. So in her footsteps, I start my journey to "My 1000 Great Mom/Wife Moments."

#1 A txt from my hubby (he's out of town) just to say he missed me!!!

#2 Kneeling to say prayers with my children. It's Juniors turn and I remind him to thank Heavenly Father for Dads new job. In his prayer he is thankful for Daddys new job, asks that we move safely and "Please help us find a house with a pool."

#3 Gong to Junior first grade end of the year program, watching him smile ear to ear when he was awarded "Mathematical Magician."

These are my first 3, many more to come....

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your journey!! And glad you'll be posting your 1000 moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're joing us. I look forward to reading your 1000 moments, and good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you moving? I'm so excited for you that you get to be at home with the kids :) I might do this too, sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete